In the realm of industrial warehouses, where the constant movement of heavy machinery is the norm, floor maintenance can quickly become a headache.
One of the primary concerns is the tyre marks left by forklifts and other vehicles. Fortunately, polished concrete emerges as a quintessential solution to tackle this challenge. Here’s an in-depth look.
Resin Coatings to Avoid
Though resin coatings are popular for their gleaming aesthetic, they have certain downsides, especially when it comes to tyre marks.
The friction between the tyre and the coating often triggers a thermal reaction that “burns” the resin, leaving near-permanent marks.
Tutorial: How to Remove Tyre Marks from an Industrial Floor
- Initial Cleaning: Start by sweeping the area to remove any dirt or debris.
- Industrial Detergent: Use a suitable industrial floor detergent. Apply it over the marks and let it act for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Brushing: With a stiff brush, scrub the marks vigorously. For more stubborn marks, a brush mounted on a machine might be necessary.
- Rinse: Thoroughly rinse with clean water.
- Drying: Ensure the area is thoroughly dried to prevent accidents.
Preventing Tyre Marks in an Industrial Environment
- Choose the Right Coating: Opt for polished concrete to reduce the risk of marks.
- Driver Training: Ensure forklift and other vehicle drivers are well-trained to avoid sudden starts and stops.
- Regular Vehicle Maintenance: Regularly check the condition of tyres. Well-maintained tyres reduce the risk of marks.
- Regular Cleaning: A clean floor is less prone to retaining marks. Ensure regular floor cleaning with suitable products.
BECOSAN: A Revolution for Polished Concrete
BECOSAN is an innovative solution specifically designed for concrete floors. Not only does this treatment make the concrete more resistant to wear and impacts, but it also enhances its aesthetic appeal.
More importantly, concrete treated with BECOSAN reduces dust production and increases its resistance to liquids. All this without compromising on safety, as the treatment maintains a non-slip surface, essential in industrial settings.
For a functional, safe, and aesthetically pleasing warehouse, polished concrete is an evident choice. Not only is it robust, but it also resists tyre marks, which can be a nightmare on other types of coatings.
Add the BECOSAN treatment, and you get an industrial floor ready to face any challenge.
To note: a polished concrete warehouse floor doesn’t have resin that might burn upon contact with the tyre. Polishing the concrete helps resist tyre marks from forklifts and industrial vehicles.